Fla. firefighters test positive for toxic mold exposure

VERO BEACH, Fla.  Two firefighters have tested positive for toxic mold exposure, and the firefighters’ union believes old, run-down fire stations are to blame.

“They had all types of toxins in their body,” said John O’Connor, president of the local chapter of the International Association of Firefighters.

The two firefighters worked at Station No. 7 in Vero Beach and Station No. 10 in Fellsmere. In recent years, O’Connor said the firefighters have been complaining about leaky roofs at their stations, as well as mold and dead rats in the ceiling.”We became very concerned when a lot of guys were complaining about watery eyes, upper respiratory infections, runny noses,” O’Connor said.

Full story:  Firefighters test positive for toxic mold exposure

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *